IPAC-Simcoe Muskoka (IPAC SM)
Welcome to IPAC Simcoe Muskoka's Website!
Number of Members:
The current membership is growing on a continuing basis.
Geographic Area Served:
Simcoe Country, District of Muskoka and surrounding area:
The North Simcoe Muskoka (NSM) LHIN has a population of 453,710 (2009), representing 3.5% of Ontario's population. It encompasses the District of Muskoka, most of the County of Simcoe and a portion of Grey County. North Simcoe Muskoka is home to four First Nations. Given its location in and around cottage country, NSM experiences significant seasonal variation in population and demands for related health services. North Simcoe Muskoka is also an increasingly popular retirement destination. We also cover South Simcoe County, which is in a different LHIN but within our health unit jurisdiction.
Some of the cities represented are:
- Barrie and Area
- Collingwood and Area
- Midland / Penetanguishene and Area
- Orillia and Area
At the present time we have representation from hospitals, long-term care homes, CCAC, retirement homes, paramedic services, community support service agencies, community health centres, community mental health agencies and the public health unit.
IPAC Simcoe Muskoka is a regional multidisciplinary professional association committed to the wellness and safety of Canadians by promoting best practice in infection prevention and control through education, standards, advocacy and consumer awareness.
IPAC Simcoe Muskoka will be a regional leader and recognized resource for the promotion of best practice in infection prevention and control.
- Professional Integrity: To be principled, forthright and ethical, upholding the highest standards in all of our activities.
- Critical Thinking: To employ critical thinking in our decision making to do the right thing for the right reasons.
- Accessibility: To be accessible to our members and stakeholders.
- Responsiveness: To be responsive and creative in meeting the membership's needs.
- Innovation: To be resourceful and inventive in advancing infection prevention and control knowledge and practice.
- Diversity: To respect and embrace national and international social and cultural differences.
- Advocacy: To advance practices that protect consumers.
- Excellence: To pursue excellence in all our endeavors.